Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Is Paintball a Sport?

This his been debated for so many years and people can never seem to agree on whether or not paintball is a sport. Personally I believe paintball is a sport because it involves all the aspects of a sport, so why can't it officially be considered a sport? There are rules and referees and all that good stuff, but I guess the general public has viewed paintball as a bunch of boys shooting each other up in the woods.

I don't know if it's because I play the tournament style of paintball rather than recball or because I love paintball so much but it always seems like people think I am crazy because I play paintball. It used to vex me at first but I guess I got used to the fact that the general public doesn't really understand that much about the sport and they just dismiss it as some military simulation for people who are too afraid to join the military.

I think it is getting somewhat better since speedball got back on TV this year but that's just my guess. Hopefully in future society will except paintball for what it is; if darts and poker are sports then paintball should qualify as one as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment