Wednesday, June 30, 2010

What is up with all the false advertisement?

After several years in the sport, I have notice a ton of manufacturers use some sort of false advertisement. I don't know how they get away with it and I felt like they robbed me of my hard earned money when I found about their products not performing the way they claimed them to.

Prime example, the Spyder rocking trigger I invested a ton of money into that piece of junk. When I was a naive little noob when I first started playing I owned a 2005 Spyder Pilot and I thought I could mod it to be an Ion killed. Sadly I was wrong and I learned that the hard way, I decided to take the plunge and order a acs bolt and rocking trigger package. The new trigger increased the rate of fire of my Spyder but I was no where near the advertised 30 balls per second, although the acs bolt did work until the bolt pin popped out and I had to cock the bolt with an allen key every time I chopped a ball ( which occurred pretty often since my marker could get up to 21 bps and it had no eyes). My point is the rocking trigger could only get up to 21 bps when it had a ton of bounce but that still aint the advertised 30.

Another type of false advertisement that occurs is when barrels are advertised, barrels don't really affect the accuracy of the paintball, it is the paint to bore match that determines the accuracy of the ball. So I am tired of seeing ads with "rifled" barrels being superior to the competition.

With that being said, I just feel that people in the industry should try a little more honest when they promote the products that they are selling so I don't have to rant anymore about all the money I wasted!

No comments:

Post a Comment